55h on Java: Bali-Kawah Ijen-Bromo-Bali
55H to Java
Fill out the form below to calculate the cost of the tour
Are you interested in expanding the boundaries of your comfort zone and creating memories that will last a lifetime?
We can guide you on a journey that will visually and emotionally reward you, in locations, you will only find in Indonesia.
Take a step out of your world and we will lead you into the world of active volcanoes.
You will see much more than volcanoes
Over three days, you will get acquainted with the local culture and have the chance to visit typical Javanese villages, see coffee plantations, try traditional local food and witness the incredible beauty of your surroundings.
WHY VISIT BROMO AND KAWAH IJEN?
To witness an epic sunrise from the grandiose caldera of the Tenger-Bromo super volcano
To hear the roar of the Earth while balancing on the edge of an active volcano crater
To discover unforgettable otherworldly landscapes
Things you might miss out on if you travel to Java on your own
Let’s share some thoughts regarding the independent visit of Bromo and Kawah Ijen.
We are a team of adventurers, and it goes without saying that we love to travel on our own. However, when discovering an unknown and potentially accident-prone site for the first time, caution is required in preparing such an endeavour. In this region of Java, you will struggle to understand and be understood, even when it comes to the basics, since English speakers are rare and far between (and French, Russian and other languages are not at all represented).
Though certain independent travellers and bloggers have managed to organize trips without encountering major problems, it must be understood that this is not a reflection of the potential risks linked to active volcano visits, which require both knowledge and experience to plan. Having been able to make the trip on one’s own without running into problems does not take anything away from the hazardousness of undertaking such an endeavour alone and/or without any experience. “Driving a motorcycle without a helmet does not systematically lead to the death of the reckless person driving, but should that person wipe out, the potential risk would be dramatic!” recounts the wise Indonesian man in charge of preparing the climbing equipment.
To minimize the risks linked to volcanic excursions and substantially save both time and money, it is essential that you be supported by a team that perfectly knows the region, its customs and languages, as well as its norms and culture.
Let us be the guide that will take care of every single important organizational detail of your visit, and that will allow you to make this tour into a truly unforgettable human adventure.
- We are familiar with every inch of the Kawah Ijen and Bromo, their surroundings, their dangers… but also every man that works and lives there. Our professional guides will take you to the best places at the best times, to witness the best views, while choosing the safest routes and sharing their deep knowledge of the volcanoes, their history and their geology.
- We organize tours in a way that guarantees your comfort and safety. Each member of our team is perfectly trained to react professionally and provide you with appropriate help during whatever situation is encountered during the excursion.
- We will take care of every detail of your adventure so that you are able to focus on yourself and the feelings generated by the experience.
Beyond our passion for volcanoes, we organize our trips in a professional and secure manner, while seeking to provide you with the utmost comfort. Our outstanding guides will accompany you along the entire hike, taking care of all of the organizational issues and sharing their know-how, knowledge and experience with you along the way.
We do our best to be that magic friend who will turn your trip into the real adventure of a lifetime. Apart from our passion to volcanoes, we arrange the trips that are professionally managed, comfortable and safe. Our outstanding guide will accompany you along the whole hike, taking care about all organizational issues and sharing diverse knowledge and experience about everything you might see on the way.
“55h trip to Java”
Bali- Kawah Ijen- Bromo- Probolinggo- Bali*
Day 1: Bali (Seminyak) 5 pm departure to Kawah Ijen.
Day 2: Kawah Ijen hike, transfer and night on the Bromo.
Day 3: Sunrise viewing point and Bromo ascension. Transfer to Probolinggo* (10.30am) than to back Bali (+/-22.00/10pm).
* Trains and buses stations if you wish to continue your journey in Java, and Yogyakarta.
For 55 hours, we will guide you on a sensational journey across almost all of eastern Java. Travelling from sea level to an altitude of 2300 meters, we will start our hike at 1am, from Kawah Ijen base camp and we will climb to the top of volcano rim. (With our professional guide).
We are committed to your safety and endeavour to provide you with a once in a lifetime experience. Professionally managed, with a guide that has the experience to show you the best locations and vantage points at the best times, and who will be present at all times to oversee your safety.
On your return, we can guarantee you will be physically tired, but this will quickly pass, leaving you to enjoy the memories for the rest of your life.
Departure at 5 pm from south Bali in a comfortable car or van.
Arriving at night at Kawah Ijen volcano base camp (Paltulding 1900m altitude).
Pre-dawn ascent to the top of Kawah Ijen volcano (active), a descent into the crater to watch the unique phenomenon of the "blue fires" and enjoy the sunrise inside the active volcano crater.
You will descend into the crater of the volcano, (only if weather and smoke conditions are favourable) discover the nature's miracle - blue flames (until 5am), and the sunrise on the biggest acid lake in the world, an unforgettable moment…
With a respirator that protects you from sulphuric vapours, you are at the heart of the crater which is a unique sensation! So, you are in the crater which is also a "Sulphur mine" where the workers are exploiting the sulphur. You will be the witness of the enormous courage of those men (miners and carriers) who live by the extraction of this sulphur (used for pharmacology and cosmetology).
ph by Lisa Andersson
After a local breakfast at base camp, we drive through the coffee plantations of Java. Lunch will be a step before arriving at the end of the afternoon at the last village of the site of Bromo (2,300 m altitude), for a meal "local color". We will enjoy a few hours of rest (or discovery of the surroundings) to be ready for the night ascent.
ph by Rustam Kalimullin
Wake up and departure around 3 am, by 4x4 jeep, to cover the volcanic site. We will climb to the top of the caldera of Tenger-Bromo to reach the point of view "King Kong" (2650 m of altitude) to admire the sunrise over the following volcanoes:
Bromo (active volcano, 2,300 m above sea level).
Batok (extinct volcano, 2,400 m above sea level).
Semeru (active and erupting volcano, 3,677 m high, the highest volcano in Java).
After this sublime sunrise (and depending on the weather conditions), we will cross the "sea of sand" (composed mainly of dust and ashes of the last eruptions of the volcano), before reaching the Hindu temples at the foot of the spectacular Bromo volcanoes and Batok.
ph by Lisa Andersson
Bypassing these temples dedicated to the gods living in the crater, we will climb a narrow and winding path to the 250 steps to the summit of Bromo. Only then, bewildered by the sound of the depths of the earth, and in the cold, will we witness the spectacle of the smoking crater, its sulphurous vapors escaping from the depths of the volcano. An unforgettable memory! After discovering this extraordinary volcanic site, we will continue our adventure through beautiful landscapes, picturesque villages, various plantations (coffee, tobacco, rice, etc.) and traditional "moments of life" of this beautiful volcanic region.
ph by Lisa Andersson
We offer you the possibility of being dropped off at the Probolinggo train station at 10.30am, connection to Yogyakarta. A local cuisine lunch will delight us before our final drive to Bali.
Upon returning, we can guarantee that you will feel physically tired, but that this feeling will quickly pass and give way to the joy of the new memories you will get to cherish for the rest of your life.
Book a spot
To take part in this adventure, all you need to do is check the dates and the rates, and register for the tour as quickly as possible before spots run out.
As the number of seats is limited, it is recommended that you reserve your spot as early as possible.
Tour rates: 55h to Java (per person)
1 participant: US$ 295; €270; Rp 4 490 000
2 or more participants: US$ 270; €240; Rp 3 950 000
Private trips, special requests & other questions
Whether you are planning a non-standard trip (in terms of the date, place of pick up or drop off, specific needs or preferences, etc.), you prefer to travel independently and not within a group, or your budget doesn’t allow you to take part in our extraordinary tour, contact us so that we may find an alternative option for you.
- pick up and drop off at your place*;
- private driver;
- private comfortable car;
- private professional guides at volcanoes;
- ability to bring your luggage during the trip.
1 or 2 persons: 11 000 000 rp or 690euro or 790$
3 persons: 15 900 000 rp or 990euro or 1140$
4 persons: 19 990 000 rp or 1250euro or 1430$
for more than 4 persons, please send a request.
For your Private trip, we can provide for you, during the 3 days, a teammate speaking english or russian or french: Additional cost 2 500 000 rp or 160e or 180$
*available at Denpasar, Kuta, Seminyak, Canggu, Ubud, Munduk, Pemuteran. For other places, on request.
Send us an inquiry and we will do our best to meet your expectations.
The tour package includes:
- Transportation (comfortable car or minibus);
- Legal insurance for tourist activity;
- Ferry (return ticket);
- Entrances fees (Kawah Ijen, Bromo);
- Jeep and driver at Bromo;
- Professional guide service;
- Provision of lamps, masks, respirators, gloves, and warm clothes;
- Accommodation at Bromo. Based on 2 people sharing maximum (for solo travelers, 1 pax per room) (local standard, hot water. towels, and soap are not provided);
- Meals and drinks (organic, local Javanese cuisine) pre-ordered according our experience and cant be change. Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required. Food and drinks for your personal choice outside of pre-ordered meals are not include and have to be paid separately.
Second day – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Third day – breakfast and lunch
The tour package excludes:
- Your own insurance;
- Food and drinks outside of meals;
- Personal expenses;
- Tips for guides and drivers.
The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during the trip.
Altitude temperatures at the top of the volcanoes (2,300 m) can range from +2 to +25 degrees. We therefore highly recommend that you come adequately equipped.
- You will need a pair of sports or hiking shoes and warm clothes (jacket, rainwear, sweatshirt, fleece, beanie, etc.) You will also need to bring some toiletries with you (tissues and toilet paper).
- There will be a variety of local winter hats on sale at the Bromo base camp, available at very low prices.
- Additional items will be provided for free upon request: jackets, lamps, protective masks, scarves, gloves, hats and rainwear.
- Even though you are covered by our tourism insurance, we strongly advise that you be individually insured under a personal travel insurance.
- No additional costs; you only need to cover your own personal expenses, food and drinks outside of meals, and tips for drivers and guides.
- Our company is guided by safety and prevention objectives, and we reserve the right to act at our discretion and in an appropriate manner in the event of unforeseen situations that may arise during the trip. Amounts already paid for the trip cannot be returned.
- In the event of an eruption or risk of eruption, or of any natural reason "outside our control", the decisions taken by the members or the management of the company will not be able in any case to generate a refund of the sums committed, the company cannot be responsible for these events.
- All routing information is given as an indication and can be modified without notice depending on the circumstances, weather conditions, local availability and any needs for change.
The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during the trip.
By signing up for this tour, you are accepting (or even seeking) to be taken out of your “comfort zone”, an inevitable part of any trip to Java.
Meeting point and departure (Bali South):
Gusto Gelato Café
Jalan Mertanadi SEMINYAK Kerobokan
Possibility of pick up at Ubud.
Meeting time: 5pm (Day 1)
Arrival time: around 10pm (Day 3)
To join (or leave) our Meeting Point, we can arrange transportation from your hotel.
From Seminyak, Kuta, Canggu: 150 000rp (+/- 10 us$) for 1 to 4 persons.
From Ubud**, Sanur, Jimbaran: 200 000rp (+/- 15 us$) for 1 to 4 persons.
From Nusa Dua, Bukit: 300 000rp (+/- 20 us$) for 1 to 4 persons.
Same price for your pick up (before the excursion) or your drop off (after the excursion).
Please notice in comments on your booking form for this service.
*For children under the age of 14, our guides will decide, depending on volcanic and weather condition, whether they are allowed to descend into the crater of Kawah Ijen. (However, the access to the top of the volcano is unregulated.)
** Transfer from your hotel to the meeting point in Ubud (Cocosupermarket Downtown)
If you have any type of special request, please send us a message and we will get back to you as quickly as possible in order to meet your specific needs.