24h to Kawah Ijen
Book 24h to Kawah Ijen
Fill out the form below to calculate the cost of the tour
“24 hours to Kawah Ijen” Is an incredible trip to the most breathtaking volcano in Indonesia.
Get yourself ready to experience the journey to another planet.
It is going to be a non-stop adventure to the unique, yet accessible, place on Earth. Just imagine yourself climbing under the stars up to volcano crater and then going down to witness mesmerizing blue fires over the sulfur mine.
Standing at the world’s largest volcanic lake and meeting a beautiful sunrise from inside the volcano! You will remember those moments all your life!
There also a nice bonus will be waiting for you after visiting volcano: amazing home-made breakfast at Javanese family house!
WHY VISIT KAWAH IJEN?
To see unique and magic blue flames inside an active volcano crater
To discover the world’s biggest acid lake in the morning light
To experience extreme conditions of sulfur workers at the bottom of the crater
Let us share some thoughts about independent travelling to Kawah Ijen.
We are the team of adventures and of course we love travelling on our own. Though, when it comes about unknown and rather dangerous places, like Kawah Ijen, one should keep in mind that it requires a lot of careful preparation. Don’t expect to be clearly understood while travelling in East Java as people here hardly speak any English. To lower the risks and significantly save your time and money, it’s a good idea to find someone, who knows the area, local language and culture.
Have no idea how to find the one? Let us help you!
Let us be this friend, who will take care about all organizational issues and turn your trip into the real adventure of a lifetime:
- We know every inch of Kawah Ijen, its surroundings and local people who work in the crater. Therefore, you will be lead by those guides, who know the perfect timing for the trip, best viewpoints, safest roads and everything about volcano history and geology.
- We do everything to make this trip comfortable and safe. Our team is trained to react professionally and provide qualified help and support in any unpredictable situation that may happen along the trip.
- We arrange our trips taking care about every possible detail, so you can just relax and focus on your feelings.
*For children under 14 the guide will decide are they allowed to go inside the crater due to a volcanic condition.
Part 1 – Transfer to Java
We start our trip in the evening in a comfortable car or mini bus from Bali. After a few hours drive, we will take a ferry to Java and continue our way over Javanese landscapes.
Around midnight we will arrive to Kawah Ijen basecamp, meet the guides, get instructions, head lights and gas masks.
Part 2 – Night hike
Around 1 am our ascent will start. Experienced guides will lead us along the beautiful mountain road under the starry sky.
The hike might take from 1.30 to 2 hours to get to the top of the volcano crater.
Part 3 – Conquering volcano crater
Once getting to the top point, the most exciting part will begin. In a complete darkness we will descent into the crater of an active volcano to evidence the unique phenomenon of the "blue fires”.
Guides, who are mostly the former workers of the sulfur volcano mine, will control the situation and help everyone to get down safely.
Take your time to relax and adjust yourself to this surreal scene, enjoy the sunrise, stunning turquoise lake and watch the workers carrying huge sulfur blocks on their shoulders up the crater rim.
Part 4 – Daylight sceneries on the way back
Around 6-7 am we will start our way back to the basecamp. First challenging part is up to the crater rim and then there is a nice walk down through the beauty of Kawah Ijen Stratovolcano caldera.
Part 5 – Breakfast and drive to Bali
Full of volcanic energy and unique impressions, we will drive back to Bali. Breakfast stop at local family, napping in the car, ferry ride and around 6 pm we will finally get to the place where we started our incredible journey.
On your return we can guarantee you will be physically tired, but this will quickly pass, leaving you to enjoy the memories for the rest of your life.
Book a seat
To get on board, you just need to check the dates, get your price rate and register for the tour as quickly as you possibly can, since the seats are filling up fast!
Private & special requests
In case you are planning a non-standard group trip, or you prefer to travel independently, or scheduled dates don’t work for you, or you are on a tight budget and want to find the best solution for yourself – we are here to help!
Send us Private or Special request and we will do our best to make it happen for you!
- Transportation (comfortable car or mini bus);
- Ferry (return ticket);
- Entrance fee to Kawah Ijen;
- Professional and official guides to climb Kawah Ijen;
- Javanese breakfast;
- We provide for free: head lights, gloves and respirators;
- We can provide for free: warm clothes upon request.
- Your own insurance;
- Food and drinks;
- Personal expenses;
- Tips for guides.
Alcohol is strictly prohibited during the trip!
Things to bring with you:
The temperature at the volcanoes varies from +2 to +25 degrees, that’s why we highly recommend you to think about your own comfort in advance.
- a pair of a good walkable shoes;
- warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, some type of hoody);
- extra set of cloth to change (t-shirt, socks, etc);
- a rain coat and wet tissues (you can buy during our stops at gas stations);
- a cap or a hat;
- a small backpack to carry items up the volcano;
- personal ID card (or copy).
*Masks, gloves and head torches will be provided for free.
- Your insurance for this tour is on your own responsibility.
- Any alcohol beverages are strictly prohibited during the whole trip.
- You have to understand and accept that there will not be any special sleeping time at hotel along this 24-hour trip.
- You have to be ready to take rest/naps/sleep during the transportation time inside the car or mini bus, and during transfers on ferry boat.
MEETING POINT: Gusto Gelato Café Jalan Mertanadi Seminyak/Kerobokan South Bali
MEETING TIME: 5:15 pm
RETURN TIME: around 6 pm next day
*In case you would like to join the tour from East Java, we can pick you up at Banjuwangi town around 10-11 pm. Please leave your comments while filling the registration form.