24 hours to Bromo
Book "24H TO BROMO"
Fill out the form below to calculate the cost of the tour
24h to Bromo
-Surabaya - Bromo - Surabaya-
From Surabaya "24h to Bromo "is the most incredible and extraordinary volcano to visit in Indonesia
In just 24 hours, you will live a unique and extraordinary adventure. The fabulous Bromo, active volcano culminating at 2300m above sea level and the Bromo-Tengger National Park, concentrations of numerous volcanoes, magnificent at sunrise from the viewpoint +/- 2700m above sea level
We pick you up at your arrival in Surabaya (airport, train station or at your hotel), to travel to the Bromo, in a few hours, in a comfortable car and get to an altitude of 2300m, at the "Bromo village" for the night.
Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park is a volcano park, incredible and unique in the world: some are active, others are dormant and Semeru (3370m), the highest one in Java, is not only active but in intermittent eruption for several years.
You will see much more than volcanoes
During these 24 hours, you will be a privileged witness, discovering the typical Javanese culture, crossing incomparable landscapes. Unforgettable will be the images of these villages nestled in the middle of coffee, cocoa, and banana plantations or through rice fields, where your meals will exclusively come from.
WHY VISIT THE BROMO-TENGGER?
To experience the joys of a wonderful sunrise over the incomparable National Park volcanoes.
To stun oneself of roars from inside the Bromo crater.
To escape completely during this unforgettable expedition in just 24 hours and admire this extraordinary world-renowned site.
What you might miss if you try to travel to Java on your own
Let's share some ideas about visiting Bromo and Kawah Ijen independently.
We are a team of adventurers and, of course, we love to travel on our own. However, to discover for the first time an unknown and potentially accident-prone site, you must be careful when preparing your trip. In this region of Java, you will have difficulty understanding and making yourself understood, even for the simplest things, because the practice of English is rare and very sparse ( and regarding French, Russian or any other language, completely absent).
Even if some independent travellers and bloggers have made their trips without big problems, it should be understood that this does not reflect the potential risks related to the visits of active volcanoes, which require knowledge and experience. Having done it without damage does not eliminate the danger of doing it alone and/or without experience. "Riding a motorcycle without a helmet does not automatically lead to death but in case of a fall, it can turn into a dramatic risk!” says a wise Indonesian man who is in charge of preparing the climbing equipment.
To minimize the risks on the volcano, and significantly save your time and money, it is important to be supported by a team knowing the region perfectly, its customs and languages, as well as its traditions and cultures.
Let us be your guiding companion who will take care of every important detail of the organization of the visit, and who will allow you to convert a simple trip into a real and unforgettable adventure.
We know every inch of Bromo and Kawah Ijen, their surroundings, their dangers ... but also all the people who work and live there. Our professional guides will guide you to the best places, at the best times, at the best points of view, and by the safest paths, while sharing their inexhaustible knowledge of volcanoes, their history and their geology. We organize our excursions to guarantee you the greatest comfort and security. Each member of our team is fully trained to react professionally and provide you with the most appropriate help, whatever the situations encountered throughout the course. We focus on every detail of your adventure so that you only have to focus on yourself and your feelings.
In addition to our passion for volcanoes, we organize our excursions professionally and safely, while offering you maximum comfort. During the treks, the guides who accompany you will take care of organizational matters and will take care of you by sharing their know-how, their knowledge and their experience.
Day 1 — Transfer from Surabaya to Bromo-Tengger
Our Team takes charge of you on Day 1 at +/- 18h:00 for a transfer, in a comfortable and appropriate car, from either the train station, the airport or your Surabaya hotel to the "Bromo village" settled at 2300 meters high within the Bromo-Tengger- Semeru National Park. After your "local cuisine" dinner, a good night rest will be essential in a simple but clean guest room.
Day 2 - Rising sun and ascent of Bromo
At +/- 3h30, the professional guide will pick you up, in a Jeep 4x4, to drop you off at the most appropriate point of view, at the top of the Tengger caldera, to admire the sunrise over the incomparable volcano park including, among others, Batok, Semeru and Bromo.
After this unforgettable spectacle, transfer by jeep to the bottom of the Bromo, crossing the "sea of sand" and drop off at the Hindu temples and their surroundings dedicated to Brama. The 250 steps climbing on foot will be rewarded with a breath-taking sensation, on the edge of the crater, listening to the "rumbling" of the depths of the earth and probably surrounded by smoke emanating from the crater.
After this rare experience on the Bromo volcano, you will deserve a local breakfast in a typical Indonesian restaurant (warung) to enjoy simple dishes in Java. On the way back to Surabaya, we will go through grandiose landscapes of the volcanic flanks marked by the numerous eruptions over the previous millennia. The drop-off at Surabaya will mean the end of this memorable voyage.
Book your trip now
To be part of this adventure, simply consult the dates and prices and register to be sure that a place is available.
The number of seats is limited; it is better to book as soon as possible.
Price of the excursion 24h to the Bromo
Per person: IDR 2,990,000 or US $ 210 or 190 euros
All IS INCLUDED! (See details below)
The excursion includes:
- Transport (by car or comfortable van).
- Legal insurance for tourist activity.
- Entrance fees to Bromo-Tengger National Park.
- The 4x4 jeep and a driver to the Bromo.
- The professional guide.
- The supply of lamps, masks, respirators, gloves and warm clothing.
- Bromo rooms: rooms for 2 people maximum, local standard in Java. (For solo travellers, 1 room per person). Towels and soap are not provided.
- Meals and drinks (organic, local Javanese cuisine) are pre-ordered according to our experience and cannot be changed. A vegetarian option is available, please notify us when booking. Food and drinks that you personally choose apart from meals ordered in advance are not included and must be paid for separately
Day 1: Diner.
Day 2: Breakfast
The excursion does not include:
- Your personal insurance.
- Food and drink outside meals.
- Your personal expenses.
- Tips for guides and drivers.
- The consumption of alcohol is prohibited during the excursion.
Private excursions, special requests and various questions
If you plan a personalized excursion (in terms of date, place of pick-up or drop-off, your specific needs or desires, etc.), if you prefer to travel more independently and not within a group or if your budget does not allow you to participate in our extraordinary visit, contact us and we will offer you other options. Send us your request and we will do our best to meet your expectations.
Including in addition:
- Pick up from and drop off to your hotels in Surabaya *
- The private driver
- The comfortable private car
- The possibility of taking your luggage
- Package for:
1 or 2 people: 6,900,000 rp or 440 euro or 500 $
3 people: 9,900,000 rp or 640 euro or $ 730
4 people: 11,900,000 rp or 770 euro or 880 $
For more than 4 people, please contact us
* For other locations, please contact us.
Send us an inquiry and we will do our best to meet your expectations.
- The temperatures in altitude, at the top of the volcanoes (2300m), can vary between +2 and +25 degrees. That is why we strongly recommend to everyone to have the right equipment.
- You must bring sports or hiking shoes and warm clothing (jacket, rainwear, sweatshirt, fleece, hats, etc.). Also bring handkerchiefs and toilet paper.
- You can get "local colour" beany at the Bromo for a ridiculous price.
- We will lend you if necessary (free of charge): a jacket, a lamp, a protective mask, a scarf, gloves, a hat and a rain cape.
- Even if you are covered by our tourist activity insurance, we strongly recommend to be individually insured by your travel insurance. No additional costs; only your personal expenses, drinks and food outside meals and tips for guides and drivers remain at your expense.
- The company is guided by safety and prevention objectives, and we reserve ourselves the right to act at our discretion and in an appropriate manner in the event of unforeseen situations that may arise during the trip. Amounts already paid for the trip cannot be refunded.
- In the event of an eruption or risk of an eruption, or for any natural reason "beyond our control", the decisions taken by the members or the management of the company cannot, in any case, generate a reimbursement of the sums incurred, the company cannot be responsible for these events.
- All routing information is given for information only and may be modified without notice depending on the circumstances, weather conditions, local availability and any need of change.
The consumption of alcohol is prohibited during the excursion.
By subscribing to this adventure, you agree (or even seek) to be "outside your comfort zone", an inevitable condition of any trip or excursion to Java.