24 hours to Bromo
Fill out the form below to calculate the cost of the tour
From Surabaya "24h to Bromo "is the most incredible and extraordinary trip
to visit active volcano in Indonesia
In just 24 hours, you will live a unique and extraordinary adventure. The fabulous Bromo, active volcano culminating at 2300m above sea level and the Bromo-Tengger National Park, concentrations of numerous volcanoes, magnificent at sunrise from the viewpoint +/- 2700m above sea level.
We pick you up at your arrival in Surabaya (airport, train station or at your hotel), to travel to the Bromo, in a few hours, in a comfortable car and get to an altitude of 2300m, at the "Bromo village" for the night.
Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park is a volcano park, incredible and unique in the world: some are active, others are dormant and Semeru (3370m), the highest one in Java, is not only active but in intermittent eruption for several years.
You may miss a lot if you travel to Java on your own. Read more here.
No prepayment required
Solo travellers are welcome
Start & finish at Surabaya
Language - English
Private trip available on request
Vegetarian meal on request
Tourist insurance included
Why visit Bromo ?
- To witness an epic sunrise from the grandiose caldera of the Tenger-Bromo super volcano
- To hear the roar of the Earth while balancing on the edge of an active volcano crater
- To discover unforgettable otherworldly landscapes
Part 1: Pick up from Surabaya at 6 pm and transfer to Bromo village.
Part 2: Sunrise viewing point and Bromo ascension. Then back to Surabaya.
Day 1 — Transfer from Surabaya to Bromo-Tengger
Our Team takes charge of you on Day 1 at +/- 18h:00 for a transfer, in a comfortable and appropriate car, from either the train station, the airport or your Surabaya hotel to the "Bromo village" settled at 2300 meters high within the Bromo-Tengger- Semeru National Park. After your "local cuisine" dinner, a good night rest will be essential in a simple but clean guest room.
Day 2 - Rising sun and ascent of Bromo
At +/- 3h30, the professional guide will pick you up, in a Jeep 4x4, to drop you off at the most appropriate point of view, at the top of the Tengger caldera, to admire the sunrise over the incomparable volcano park including, among others, Batok, Semeru and Bromo.
After this unforgettable spectacle, transfer by jeep to the bottom of the Bromo, crossing the "sea of sand" and drop off at the Hindu temples and their surroundings dedicated to Brama. The 250 steps climbing on foot will be rewarded with a breath-taking sensation, on the edge of the crater, listening to the "rumbling" of the depths of the earth and probably surrounded by smoke emanating from the crater.
After this rare experience on the Bromo volcano, you will deserve a local breakfast in a typical Indonesian restaurant (warung) to enjoy simple dishes in Java. On the way back to Surabaya, we will go through grandiose landscapes of the volcanic flanks marked by the numerous eruptions over the previous millennia. The drop-off at Surabaya will mean the end of this memorable voyage.
Tour rates: 24h to Bromo
To take part in this adventure, all you need to do is check the dates and the rates, and register for the tour as quickly as possible before spots run out.
As the number of seats is limited, it is recommended that you reserve your spot as early as possible.
|1 participant||IDR 2,990,000 or US$210 or €190|
The tour package includes
Transportation comfortable car or minibus
Insurance for tourist activity
Entrances fees to Bromo National Park
Jeep and driver at Bromo
Professional guide service
Free provision of necessary equipment (lamps, masks, respirators, gloves, and warm clothes)
At Bromo: rooms for 2 people maximum, local standard in Java. (For solo travellers, 1 room per person).
*Towels and soap are not provided.
Meals and drinks: оrganic, local.
Pre-ordered according to our experience and cant be changed. A vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required.
Day 1: Diner.
Day 2: Breakfast
The tour package excludes
Your own insurance
Food and drinks outside of meals
Tips for guides and drivers.
Private trips, special requests & other questions
If you plan a personalized excursion (in terms of date, place of pick-up or drop-off, your specific needs or desires, etc.), if you prefer to travel more independently and not within a group or if your budget does not allow you to participate in our extraordinary visit, contact us and we will offer you other options. Send us your request and we will do our best to meet your expectations.
You can also start your trip at Surabaya and finish it in Bali.
|1 or 2 persons: IDR 6,900,000 or €440 or $500||3 persons: IDR 9,900,000 or € 640or $730|
|4 persons: IDR 11,900,000 or €770 or $880||for more than 4 persons, please send a request|
Altitude temperatures at the top of the volcanoes (2,300 m) can range from +2 to +25 degrees. We therefore highly recommend that you come adequately equipped.
- You will need a pair of sports or hiking shoes and warm clothes (jacket, rainwear, sweatshirt, fleece, beanie, etc.) You will also need to bring some toiletries with you (tissues and toilet paper).
- There will be a variety of local winter hats on sale at the Bromo base camp, available at very low prices.
- Additional items will be provided for free upon request: jackets, lamps, protective masks, scarves, gloves, hats and rainwear.
- Even though you are covered by our tourism insurance, we strongly advise that you be individually insured under personal travel insurance.
- No additional costs; you only need to cover your own personal expenses, food, and drinks outside of meals, and tips for drivers and guides.
- Our company is guided by safety and prevention objectives, and we reserve the right to act at our discretion and in an appropriate manner in the event of unforeseen situations that may arise during the trip. The amounts already paid for the trip cannot be returned.
- In the event of an eruption or risk of eruption, or of any natural reason "outside our control", the decisions taken by the members or the management of the company will not be able in any case to generate a refund of the sums committed, the company cannot be responsible for these events.
- All routing information is given as an indication and can be modified without notice depending on the circumstances, weather conditions, local availability and any needs for change.
The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during the trip.
By signing up for this tour, you are accepting (or even seeking) to be taken out of your “comfort zone”, an inevitable part of any trip to Java.
Meeting point and departure
Surabaya airport Terminal 2
Restaurant Soto Bangkalan
Jl. Ir. H. Juanda, Segoro Tambak, Sedati, Kabupaten Sidoarjo.
Meeting time Day 1: 6 pm (18h00)
Arrival time Day 3: around 3 pm ( 15h00)
At railway station Gubeng
Jl. Gubeng Masjid No.5, Airlangga, Kec. Gubeng, Kota SBY, Jawa
Meeting time Day 1: +/- 6.30 pm (18h30)
Arrival time Day 3: around 3 pm ( 15h00)