What to do during your quarantine?
23 March 2020
Watch something upbeat or visit the online museum
Cartoons, old comedies, and concerts will be a good way to feel better. Even you have already seen them several times, they will “transport” your to the country of good times and good memories.
And you have a pretty nice chance to visit the best museums in the world from your home!
1. Pinacoteca di Brera - Milano https://pinacotecabrera.org/
2. Galleria degli Uffizi - Firenze https://www.uffizi.it/mostre-virtuali
3. Musei Vaticani - Roma http://www.museivaticani.va/…/collezio…/catalogo-online.html
4. Museo Archeologico - Atene https://www.namuseum.gr/en/collections/
5. Prado - Madrid https://www.museodelprado.es/en/the-collection/art-works
6. Louvre - Parigi https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
7. British Museum - Londra https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection
8. Metropolitan Museum - New York https://artsandculture.google.com/explore
9. Hermitage - San Pietroburgo https://bit.ly/3cJHdnj
10. National Gallery of art - Washington https://www.nga.gov/index.html
Just an amazing meditative video shot on iPhone Pro 11 in Hermitage. A one-take journey through Russia’s iconic Hermitage museum.
You still have a few books you didn’t start yet: it’s a good time now!
You will feel more concentrated if you read it aloud and with another member of your family.
Try this list of Top 10 best books of 2019
1. Inland: A Novel by Téa Obreht
2. Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
3. Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
4. I Miss You When I Blink by Mary Laura Philpott
5. The Water Cure: A Novel by Sophie Mackintosh
6. The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls by Anissa Gray
7. The Testaments: The Sequel to The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
8. My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing
9. Rough Magic: Riding the World's Loneliest Horse Race by Lara Prior-Palmer
10. Women Talking by Miriam Toews
Take a bath
Take care of yourself with a relaxing bath
(with candles, salts, bubbles, and oils).
2 or 3 hours and you will feel clean and full of kindness
Made a bullet journal with your positive dreams, goals, and resolutions
Think about things you are grateful for. Create a legend about your own experience. Charming fairies, elves, and Princes can intervene at any time in your epic tales. Make a list of your wishes, seat your goals, or even make resolutions if you haven’t made it on New Year's Eve!
Enjoy with your pet
Your pet is very important and you have time, now, for your best friend. Your cat, your dog and possibly your little piglet, will greatly appreciate this quarantine with you. It’s also a good time to learn a couple of new tricks
Cook and prepare your meals
Cooking is a kind of self-care. Even if you believe you are not able to make cakes, tarts, and desserts, your family will enjoy saying “you are the Best cook“ of the nest. Don’t be shy and experiment with new recipes and with new ingredients. We have already tried and we are crazy about this chocolate cake by Andy Chef!
Fоr 2 cakes 22 cm\4 cm: 500 g of flour, 3 tsp. soda, 110 g of cocoa powder, 120 g of butter, 120 g of olive oil (or vegetable oil), 2 tsp. salt, 600 g of sugar, 4 eggs, 560 ml of milk, 4 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, chocolate glaze, blueberry.
- Pour 500 g flour into a deep bowl.
- Add 600 g of sugar
- 110 g of cocoa powder
- 3 tsp. soda
- Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add 4 eggs
- Add 120 g of butter
- Pour in 560 ml milk, 120 ml olive oil, 4 tsp vanilla extract
- add the vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Mix the ingredients well with a mixer.
- Lubricate the baking dish with butter. The bottom of the form is pasted with baking paper. Pour the dough to the middle of the height of the mold (not higher, since the cake rises well).
- Put in the oven and bake 50-60 minutes at 175 * C. Willingness to check with a wooden skewer after 40 minutes of baking.
- Ready cake to cool on a grate or flat dish, turning over. Then wrap the cake in a food film and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Then pour on the chocolate glaze and decorate with blueberries.
Photo credits - Andy Chef
Watch some videos, and classify your photos
To decrease anxious thoughts, you can watch (again) your favorite videos. A perfect moment to touch up your photos from your previous vacation and to edit the most interesting one. Here are some FREE apps that are really easy to use, and the result is always amazing!
Rearrange your living environment
Move your furniture, organize the drawer, or completely redesign a room or part of your accommodation and let your creativity speak. A new interior will be a new horizon for your brain. Check out some DIY ideas about the living interior design on this YouTube channel.
Read a cozy mystery
Read a good book even by audiobooks. Fantastic stories, thrillers, and spy books will immerse you in the world of incredible fiction.
Here is the TOP 8 list in thriller literature from www.goodreads.com
Write a letter to your family, your friends
Show your love to your family members and friends, by writing to them, in your own words, your best memories, your project with them and your recognition. Offer your help to those around you by favoring those who have no family or close friends.
Some DYI ideas to create handmade Greeting Cards you will find here:
Yoga by yourself or on YouTube classes, but also stretching and exercises. All will be beneficial for you. Good to do with all family members.
If you can go for a walk or run outside (if you are not yet in quarantine), of course, keep your distance from other walkers or runners. Stay alone and avoid groups of people.
You can practice some meditation at home (morning and evening) to reduce stress, generate kindness, control anxieties, and enhance self-awareness.. Many methods, videos, and advice on the net
A lot more to learn
So many you wanted to learn but you didn’t have time: gardening, playing games, discovering new music, knitting, dancing, learning a new language, learning magic, visiting online museums, starting a blog, teaching your pet some tricks, doing calligraphy, and many more.
During quarantine Coursera provides all courses for free. You have also a chance to learn from the world's best musicants, producers, novelists, comedians, magiciants, guitarists and much more on Masterclass platform.