30 hours to Kawah Ijen
Fill out the form below to calculate the cost of the tour
From Surabaya,"30 hours to Kawah Ijen" is the most incredible visit to the most extraordinary volcano in Indonesia.
Be ready to experience a trip to another planet, a real adventure in an unexpected place. Imagine climbing this volcano under the stars, to the very top of the rim. Then descend inside the crater, to be the privileged witness of a unique phenomenon in the world, the "blue fires", and of the sulfur miners from the depths of the Earth. Imagine yourself standing on the shores of the world's largest acid lake, enjoying the magical sunrise from the depths of the volcano. Unforgettable feelings.
You may miss a lot if you travel to Java on your own. Read more here.
No prepayment required
Unique adventure in 30 hours
Solo travellers are welcome
Start & finish at Surabaya
Language - English
Private trip available on request
Vegetarian meal on request
Tourist insurance included
Why go visit the Kawah Ijen?
- To discover and to approach the unique and magical "blue flames" within an active volcano.
- To admire the sunrise over the largest acid lake in the world.
- To share with the sulfur miners, the terrifying conditions of their labour within the volcano.
1 - Transfer to Java
We start our trip at 9 am. (Day 1) in a comfortable car or minibus, from Surabaya ( from Probolinggo at 11:30 am).
After several hours of driving through the Javanese landscapes, we arrive at the hotel (simple but clean) and have dinner (picnic). Around 11pm, departure for the Kawah Ijen base camp at 1,900 m above sea level, where we meet our guides, who will give us the instructions for the climb and provide us with masks and lamps.
2 - Night climbing
We will start climbing volcano around 1 am. Our experienced guides will help us along the way to the top. The climb, carried out under a sky lined with stars, will take us approximately 1.30 to 2 hours to complete.
3 - Conquering the volcano crater
The most spectacular part awaits us when we arrive at the top of the crater (2,300 m). In the dark, equipped with our lamps, we descend into the active crater, witnesses of a phenomenon unique in the world the "blue flames". Guides, former miners or carriers of sulfur, will help us descend slowly to the depths of the earth safely. Take your time and enjoy this unrealistic scene: the rising sun on the largest acid lake in the world, turquoise in colour and witness the work of the sulfur workers who carry huge loads on their shoulders to the top of the caldera.
4 - Descent in the morning light
Around 7 am., we go back to the base camp. Climbing the crater was the first challenge and the second challenge is the descent the volcano slopes by a forest path.
5 - Breakfast and return to Surabaya
Filled with energy and unforgettable impressions, we will begin our return to Surabaya after our Javanese breakfast at the Kawah Ijen base camp for an arrival at our starting point around 4 pm. We can guarantee that you will be tired at the end of this journey; however, it will go away after a few hours of sleep, leaving only room for fantastic memories that you will cherish forever.
Tour rates: 30h to Kawah Ijen
To take part in this adventure, all you need to do is check the dates and the rates, and register for the tour as quickly as possible before spots run out.
As the number of seats is limited, it is recommended that you reserve your spot as early as possible.
|1 participant||IDR 2 690 000 or 170€ or 195$|
|2 or more participants (per person)||IDR 2 290 000 or 150€ or 170$|
The tour package includes
Transportation comfortable car or minibus
Insurance for tourist activity
Entrances fees to Kawah Ijen
Free provision of necessary equipment (lamps, masks, respirators, gloves, and warm clothes)
Professional guide service
Accommodation at Kawah Ijen. Based on 2 people maximum sharing (1 room per person for solo travelers). Local standard, no hot water, towels, and soap are not provided.
Meals and drinks: оrganic, local.
Pre-ordered according to our experience and cant be changed. A vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required.
Day 1: Diner
Day 2: Breakfast
The tour package excludes
Your own insurance
Food and drinks outside of meals
Tips for guides and drivers.
Private trips, special requests & other questions
If you plan a personalized excursion (in terms of date, place of pick-up or drop-off, your specific needs or desires, etc.), if you prefer to travel more independently and not within a group or if your budget does not allow you to participate in our extraordinary visit, contact us and we will offer you other options. Send us your request and we will do our best to meet your expectations.
|1 or 2 persons: 6 500 000 IDR, 420€ or 480$||3 persons: 9 500 000 IDR, 610€ or 790$|
|4 persons: 11 900 0000 IDR, 770€ or 880$||for more than 4 persons, please send a request|
Things to bring with you:
Volcanic temperatures can range from +2 to +25 degrees. That’s why we highly recommend that you think about your own comfort in advance. Consider bringing the following:
- a pair of sports or hiking shoes;
- warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, beanie, hat);
- an extra set of clothes to change into after the hike (T-shirt, socks, etc.);
- rainwear and wet wipes (you can buy these in any store or gas station);
- a cap, a hat or a beanie;
- a small backpack for the climb;
- an ID card (or a copy).
*Masks, respirators, gloves, lamps and warm clothes will be provided for free before the climb.
Altitude temperatures at the top of the volcanoes (2,300 m) can range from +2 to +25 degrees. We therefore highly recommend that you come adequately equipped.
- You will need a pair of sports or hiking shoes and warm clothes (jacket, rainwear, sweatshirt, fleece, beanie, etc.) You will also need to bring some toiletries with you (tissues and toilet paper).
- There will be a variety of local winter hats on sale at the Bromo base camp, available at very low prices.
- Additional items will be provided for free upon request: jackets, lamps, protective masks, scarves, gloves, hats and rainwear.
- Even though you are covered by our tourism insurance, we strongly advise that you be individually insured under personal travel insurance.
- No additional costs; you only need to cover your own personal expenses, food, and drinks outside of meals, and tips for drivers and guides.
- Our company is guided by safety and prevention objectives, and we reserve the right to act at our discretion and in an appropriate manner in the event of unforeseen situations that may arise during the trip. The amounts already paid for the trip cannot be returned.
- In the event of an eruption or risk of eruption, or of any natural reason "outside our control", the decisions taken by the members or the management of the company will not be able in any case to generate a refund of the sums committed, the company cannot be responsible for these events.
- All routing information is given as an indication and can be modified without notice depending on the circumstances, weather conditions, local availability and any needs for change.
The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during the trip.
By signing up for this tour, you are accepting (or even seeking) to be taken out of your “comfort zone”, an inevitable part of any trip to Java.
Meeting point and departure
Surabaya airport Terminal 2
Restaurant Soto Bangkalan
Jl. Ir. H. Juanda, Segoro Tambak, Sedati, Kabupaten Sidoarjo.
Meeting time Day 1: +/- 9 am (09h00)
Arrival time Day 2: around 4 pm (16h00)
At railway station Gubeng
Jl. Gubeng Masjid No.5, Airlangga, Kec. Gubeng, Kota SBY, Jawa
Meeting time Day 1: +/- 11.30 am (11h30)
Arrival time Day 2: around 3 pm ( 15h00)