30 horas al Kawah Ijen
Reserva del viaje "30H AT KAWAH IJEN"
Complete el siguiente formulario para calcular el costo del viaje
30H at Kawah Ijen.
- Surabaya-Kawah Ijen-Surabaya-
"From Surabaya," 30 hours to Kawah Ijen "is the most incredible visit to the most extraordinary volcano in Indonesia".
Be ready to experience a trip to another planet, a real adventure in an unexpected place. Imagine climbing this volcano under the stars, to the very top of the rim. Then descend inside the crater, to be the privileged witness of a unique phenomenon in the world the "blue fires", and of the sulfur miners from the deeps of the Earth. Imagine yourself, standing on the shores of the world's largest acid lake, enjoying the magical sunrise from the depths of the volcano. Unforgettable feelings.
WHY GO VISIT THE KAWAH IJEN?
- To discover and to approach the unique and magical "blue flames" within an active volcano.
- To admire the sunrise over the largest acid lake in the world.
- To share with the sulfur miners, the terrifying conditions of their labour within the volcano.
What you will be missing if you travel to Java on your own?
In Java, before to visit Bromo and Kawah Ijen, if you want to organize your trip by yourself and independently you need to have some basic information. All members of INDOTRAVELTEAM share the same passion for adventure, and they all love to travel on their own. But, to discover a new site and particularly an active volcano, it is necessary to understand the challenges of this adventure.
In Java, and especially in the Kawah Ijen area, almost no one can communicate in English, even basic. (Of course, no one speaks French, Russian or any other western language) It is acceptable for basic needs (like finding a room or eating locally) but can be dangerous in the case of safety instructions regarding the ascent and access to the active crater of a volcano.
Of course, some tourists will ensure that it is easy and safe to organize this adventure on your own. While they had only come to Indonesia once and only for a few days, they claim to know Indonesia and give advice about a country as big as Europe (from London to Moscow). They are unfortunately not the best documented and informed of the difficulties encountered by many visitors. We are every week, witnesses despite ourselves of such kind of situation. The time lost and the hazards experienced, the very low savings made and the notorious risks incurred, give no advantage to choosing this option for a pleasant vacation.
"By the lure of saving a few dollars, they lost 2 or 3 days," their good energy "and very often, out of frustration and disappointment, their Karma » reminding us our responsible guide.
To minimize the risks on volcanoes and to significantly save your time and money, it’s important to be supported by a professional team that knows this region perfectly, its customs and languages, as well as its dangers.
Let us be the "friends" who will take care of every important detail of the organization of your visit, which will allow you to convert this simple excursion into a real and unforgettable human adventure.
- Knowing perfectly the Kawah Ijen site, it's environment and its potential dangers, our Team will avoid you all possible hazards and will always find the best solutions to remedy to the unexpected, very often, without you being able to notice it.
- Our organization, for many years, experienced and constantly evolving, provides security and comfort while keeping the "spirit of adventure" essential for this expedition.
- Concentrate on yourself and your feelings, and we guarantee you to finalize every detail of your adventure on this fantastic volcano.
1 - Transfer to Java.
We start our excursion at 9:00 am (Day 1) in a comfortable car or minibus, from Surabaya( from Probolinggo at 11:30 am).
After several hours of driving through the Javanese landscapes, we arrive at the hotel (simple but clean) and have dinner (picnic). Around 11:00 pm, departure for the Kawah Ijen base camp at 1,900 m above sea level, where we meet our guides, who will give us the instructions for the climb and we will provide us masks and lamps.
2 - Night ascent.
We will start our ascent of the volcano around 1 am. Our experienced guides will help us along the way to the top. The climb, carried out under a sky lined with stars, will take us approximately 1:30 to 2 hours to complete.
3 - Conquering the volcano crater.
Arriving at the top of the crater (2,300 m), the most spectacular part awaits us. In the dark, equipped with our lamps, we descend into the depths of the active crater, at the bottom, witnesses of a phenomenon unique in the world the "blue flames". Guides, former miners or carriers of sulfur, we will help us to descend slowly to the depths of the earth, safely. Take your time and enjoy this unrealistic scene: the rising sun on the largest acid lake in the world, turquoise in colour and witness the work of the sulfur workers who carry huge loads on their shoulders to the top of the caldera.
4 - Descent in the morning light.
Around 6h / 7h00, we go back to the base camp. Climbing the crater was the first challenge and the second challenge is the descent the volcano slopes by a forest path.
5 - Breakfast and return to Surabaya.
Filled with energy and unforgettable impressions, we will begin our return to Surabaya after our Javanese breakfast at the Kawah Ijen base camp for an arrival at our starting point around 4:00 p.m. We can guarantee that you will be tired at the end of this excursion; however, it will go away after a few hours of sleep, leaving only room for fantastic memories that you will cherish forever.
Book your trip
To be part of this adventure, simply consult the dates and prices and register to be sure that a place is available. The number of seats is limited; it is prudent to book as soon as possible.
Price of the excursion: 30h to the Kawah Ijen (per person)
Price per person (all included / group trip):
- IDR — 2 690 000rp or 170€ or US 195$
SPECIAL PRICE per person (all included) for 2 or more persons:
- IDR — 2 290 000rp or 150€ or Dollar US 170$
No additional costs, except for your own personal needs and tips for drivers and guides.
The price for the 30H to Kawah Ijen tour includes:
- Transport by comfortable car or minibus.
- Entrances fees: Kawah Ijen.
- Professional guides at Kawah Ijen
- Accommodation at Kawah Ijen. Based on 2 people maximum sharing. (Local standard, no hot water, towels, and soap are not provided).
- Food and beverages Dinner Day 1 and breakfast Day 2 A vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required.
No alcohol during the trip!
The excursion does not include:
- Your personal insurance.
- Food and drink outside meals.
- Your personal expenses.
- Tips for guides and drivers.
Private excursions, special requests and various questions
If you plan a personalized excursion (in terms of date, place of pick-up or drop-off, your specific needs or desires, etc.), if you prefer to travel more independently and not within a group or if your budget does not allow you to participate in our extraordinary visit, contact us and we will offer you other options. Send us your request and we will do our best to meet your expectations.
Including in addition:
- Pick up from and drop off to your hotels in Surabaya *
- The private driver
- The comfortable private car
- The possibility of taking your luggage
- 1 or 2 persons: 6 500 000rp or 420euro or 480us$
- 3 persons:9 500 000rp or 610euro or 790us$
- 4 persons: 11 900 0000rp or 770euro or 880us$
- for more than 4 persons, please send a request
Send us an inquiry and we will do our best to meet your expectations.
Things to bring with you:
Volcanic temperatures can range from +2 to +25 degrees. That’s why we highly recommend that you think about your own comfort in advance. Consider bringing the following:
- a pair of sports or hiking shoes;
- warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, beanie, hat);
- an extra set of clothes to change into after the hike (T-shirt, socks, etc.);
- rainwear and wet wipes (you can buy these in any store or gas station);
- a cap, a hat or a beanie;
- a small backpack for the climb;
- an ID card (or a copy).
*Masks, respirators, gloves, lamps and warm clothes will be provided for free before the climb.
- Due to the high volcanic activity of Kawah Ijen and weather conditions, the possibility of descent into the crater can be limited and always determined by the management of the national park every day separately. Anyway, you will have an unforgettable impression from the rim of the volcano, or from inside the crater, with the sunrise above the biggest acid lake in the world, and sulfur mine.
- Even though you are covered by our tourism insurance, we strongly advise that you be individually insured under a personal travel insurance.
- No additional costs; you only need to cover your own personal expenses, food and drinks, and tips for drivers and guides.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during the trip.
- Please understand that there will not be any allocated sleeping or rest time during this 24-hour trip. You will be able to sleep and rest during the transportation time inside the car or minibus, during the ferry transfers and during the downtime at the base camp, if the schedule permits.
- Our company is guided by safety and prevention objectives, and we reserve the right to act at our discretion and in an appropriate manner in the event of unforeseen situations that may arise during the trip. Amounts already paid for the trip cannot be returned.
- In the event of an eruption or risk of eruption, or of any natural reason "outside our control", the decisions taken by the members or the management of the company will not be able in any case to generate a refund of the sums committed, the company cannot be responsible for these events.